What To Do When An Accident Results In Property Damage Only

What To Do When An Accident Results In Property Damage Only

Not all car accidents cause bodily damage. This is fortunate, because staying out of harm’s way and avoiding injury enables you to continue with your daily routine with little disruption. However, likely every car crash involves damage to your car. It is nearly impossible for two or more automobiles to collide and there not be some bender to your fender. These types of cases still require thoughtful analysis, and careful negotiation in order to get the necessary repairs made to your vehicle.

In order to receive compensation for repairs, and for the cost of rental car while yours is with the mechanic, you have to make a claim with the responsible party’s insurance company. When doing so, it is beneficial to understand how an insurance company places a value on your vehicle:

● After making a claim, an adjuster will be assigned the case and will want to either physically inspect the car, or review photos of the damage.

            ● The adjuster will assign a rating to the damaged areas, based on industry standards.

            ● In some instances, an appraisal may be done in order to establish the vehicle’s worth

Once the adjuster comes up with a value, an offer will be made for the cost of repairs. The problem is that more often than not the amount offered is less than what the auto body shop says they will charge. This is when the need for a competent personal injury attorney arises. Because personal injury attorneys have experience negotiating with insurance companies for both personal injuries, and property damage, a skilled attorney will know what tactics the adjuster is likely to employ and be prepared with a response. We can help you make sure you get paid what your car is worth, so you are not left holding the bag for costly auto repairs after an accident.

If you have questions about what to do when an accident results in property damage only, attorney Robert Greening has the answers.  Call a Dallas, Texas personal injury attorney today.