Filing a Personal Injury Claim as an Undocumented Immigrant

Filing a Personal Injury Claim as an Undocumented Immigrant

The journal also states that the primary source of U.S. health insurance is not available to most undocumented immigrants. So what happens if you are injured due to someone else’s carelessness and you are undocumented?

Do I Have the Right to File a Personal Injury Claim?

At GreeningLaw, P.C., we support every person’s right to file a personal injury claim—regardless of whether you are undocumented or not. You have the same protection under the law as a U.S. citizen when it comes to a personal injury claim. You have the right to claim lost earnings due to those injuries, compensation for medical expenses and any other losses incurred.

The Supreme Court of the United States, the highest court in the land, has determined that undocumented immigrants have the same right to sue for personal injury as regular U.S. citizens. These rights are covered under the Equal Protection clause of the U.S. Constitution.

If you have been injured on the job site, or at your workplace, because of someone’s negligence or lack of safe working conditions, you may have the right to compensation, even if your employer hired you illegally. If you are injured at work, in an auto accident, or even because of a faulty product, please don’t stay at home suffering. Seek medical attention and call our office. We will be happy to take your call.

When you have been injured through no fault of your own, you have the right to request payment from the responsible party. This payment may include economic damages such as payment of medical bills and lost wages, non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering that are harder to calculate in a financial sense, and punitive damages that involve future planning.

What Is the Timeline for My Personal Injury Claim?

Keep in mind that, in Texas, most personal injury cases have a two-year statute of limitations. This means you need to file your suit no later than two years after the accident. We want to protect your rights and meeting these deadlines is crucial to that. If it has been less than two years since you sustained your injury, you may still be able to file a claim.

How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim as an Undocumented Immigrant?

The first step to filing a claim is to consult with a personal injury attorney who is supportive and sensitive to the issues related to undocumented immigrants. Reaching out to a local attorney, like GreeningLaw, P.C., is a great way to help decipher the ins and out of the Texas Court system with confidence and ease. The timeline and statute of limitations in Texas, as stated above, is a crucial part of this, so first, ensure you are filing your claim within two years of the accident.

We Help Injured Undocumented Immigrants

As a principal attorney and founder at GreeningLaw, P.C., Robert Greening and his team are ready to help you file a personal injury claim as an undocumented immigrant. We are the voice you need to help you get the help you deserve. We will work with you on a contingency basis—this means that you will not have to pay for our services unless, and until, you receive a settlement or judgment in your case. We fight the legal battle, so you have time for healing and renewal.

Let us be your legal representative. Call us at GreeningLaw, P.C. at 972-934-8900 or email us today to schedule your free consultation. We are located in Dallas and are here to help you!

Request a Case Evaluation