Advocate for Immigrants

Advocate for Immigrants

That is a striking number and means that our community here in Dallas is full of immigrants. Here at GreeningLaw, P.C., we have a passion for being an advocate for Immigrants.

Our firm wants to be your number one advocate as an immigrant here in Dallas. We strive to help you through all facets of legal proceedings, and it is our goal to provide legal representation for all people with vigor, honesty, professionalism, integrity, and genuine support.

Our Firm Believes

We are dedicated to representing individuals and families—immigrants included. Our mission is H.O.P.E: Helping Other People Every day. We don’t think any person should be restricted from legal help and strive to help people of all different backgrounds, races, and ethnicities whether you are a documented immigrant or an undocumented alien. It is our philosophy that every person matters and so does every injury and every death. People are people.

Our Team

Robert Greening has been serving the Dallas area for over 25 years and is board-certified in dealing with personal injury trial law. Our entire team is very experienced in helping the people of Texas through their legal proceedings and is also extremely involved in our community here in Dallas. We support all different kinds of legal and civic organizations. We are part of the State Bar of Texas, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice, the Dallas Trial Lawyers Association, the Dallas Bar Association, and the Texas State Bar Foundation.

Areas Where We Can Help

As an experienced law firm, we can help immigrants in a variety of ways. We specialize in workplace litigation, auto and trucking accidents, dangerous and defective products, healthcare litigation, premises liability accidents, sexual abuse litigation, and mediation services.

Here is a brief overview of each of our specialties:

  • Workplace litigation means that we can help you as an immigrant with on-the-job injuries, construction accidents, and electrocution and burns, even if you are an undocumented worker.
  • Injuries or death due to a car crash, motorcycle accident, 18-Wheeler and commercial trucking incidents – We help you receive the compensation you and your family deserve, covering your losses now and for the future.
  • Dangerous and defective products harm people and cause injuries all the time. We are well versed in personal injury law that concerns being injuries from an unsafe product.
  • Healthcare litigation includes medical malpractice, as well as pharmacy and nursing home litigation. Some risks are stated during medical procedures, but medical negligence is a different issue altogether. Everyone deserves safe healthcare.
  • Premise liability injuries occur when someone slips and falls, from dog and animal bites and injuries or death due to property owner negligence. We can help you navigate each of these issues with ease and confidence.
  • Sexual abuse litigation requires an attorney with compassion and understanding. You will find that at GreeningLaw.

Free Consultation

First things first, we offer a free consultation to immigrants and all of our clients. We fully comprehend the stress that an accident or death in the family can cause, and we are here to walk you through the process of finding legal help. We are confident that we can help you navigate the confusing legal waters and keep you and your family afloat in the aftermath of losing a family member or sustaining an injury that impacts your quality of life.

Also, please note that if we are unable to recover anything for you in your case, you do not pay us anything at the end of it. We are here to help you, and if we cannot do that, you do not need to pay us.

Request a Case Evaluation

Resources for Immigrants

We offer a Frequently Asked Questions page, helpful downloads, an e-newsletter and our blog as a resource for all of your questions about being an immigrant and needing legal help! It is our goal to provide you with the most accurate and helpful information so that you know the right questions to ask and when to seek help when you need it. We are also just a phone call away and can help you with any questions you may have.

Contact Us Today

We fight the legal battle so you have time for healing and renewal. Call us today to schedule your free consultation. Every case starts with a free evaluation and only works on a contingency basis. At GreeningLaw, P.C. we are the voice and advocate for hurting and injured people, no matter what their background.

Request a Case Evaluation

Non-Citizens Have the Right to Compensation for an Injury

Non-Citizens Have the Right to Compensation for an Injury

At Greening Law, we can help you find the answers to your questions.

Who Are Non-citizens?

A non-citizen is a person who lives in the United States but is not a citizen of the United States. The person could be in the process of getting his or her green card or on the way to naturalization and becoming a citizen and being here legally. It could also mean a person who is an undocumented resident, or “illegal alien” (someone who lives in the United States without legal permission to do so).

Non-citizens Have the Right to Compensation

It is easy to worry that if you are not a U.S. Citizen that you may not be able to pursue compensation after you have been hurt at work or at home. If you are injured, and you were injured at work or in an accident, you can seek help today! You are covered under the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, which took effect in 1868 and states that no state shall deny to any person within its jurisdiction “the equal protection of the laws”.

What Is a Personal Injury Claim?

A personal injury case happens when you are hurt due to someone else’s negligence. This could be anything from an automobile accident to slipping or falling on someone’s property. It could also entail getting sick because you were exposed to dangerous substances or because someone did not do their job properly. You may also have a personal injury claim due to sexual abuse, faulty or dangerous product use, or an unsafe workplace.

When something like this happens, you may be eligible to make a personal injury claim. This means that you can file a lawsuit against the other person, business, or the government.

What to Do If You Think You Have a Personal Injury Claim

In preparation for a personal injury claim, make sure you document all the facts of your incident. It is important to have as much detail as possible about before, during, and after the incident. It is also beneficial to have an accurate timeline and a record of the facts. You should share these details with your lawyer when they assist you with filing the claim.

Compensation You May Receive

If you file a personal injury claim, and the court rules in your favor, you will be awarded compensation for damages. The types of compensation you can be awarded fall into three different categories: economic damages, non-economic damages, and punitive damages.

Economic damages are usually the easiest to determine as they have a fixed monetary value. They are provided so that you can be restored to your normal state prior to the incident.

Non-economic damages are hard to quantify monetarily. They include the losses from pain and suffering, loss of companionship and past and future emotional stress and mental anguish.

Last, but not least, are punitive damages. They are rarely awarded in personal injury cases but may come up if the incident was malicious or very extreme. Usually, they are put in place to deter people from repeating the same incident in the future.

Are You Injured and a Noncitizen?

If you are in a situation where you, or a loved one, have been injured, and are a noncitizen, we would like to help. Our attorneys at GreeningLaw, P.C. are here to help you receive what is rightfully yours. Email us or call us at (972) 934-8900. You are also more than welcome to visit our office at 12900 Preston Road, Suite 600 in Dallas, Texas.

We offer a free consultation so that you don’t have to worry about asking for help at a high cost. We want to help reduce the burden of losing a family member or being injured in any accident cases. Every case starts with a free consultation, and we only get paid a fee if we win your case. We fight the legal battle, so you have time for healing and renewal.

Request a Case Evaluation

Filing a Personal Injury Claim as an Undocumented Immigrant

Filing a Personal Injury Claim as an Undocumented Immigrant

The journal also states that the primary source of U.S. health insurance is not available to most undocumented immigrants. So what happens if you are injured due to someone else’s carelessness and you are undocumented?

Do I Have the Right to File a Personal Injury Claim?

At GreeningLaw, P.C., we support every person’s right to file a personal injury claim—regardless of whether you are undocumented or not. You have the same protection under the law as a U.S. citizen when it comes to a personal injury claim. You have the right to claim lost earnings due to those injuries, compensation for medical expenses and any other losses incurred.

The Supreme Court of the United States, the highest court in the land, has determined that undocumented immigrants have the same right to sue for personal injury as regular U.S. citizens. These rights are covered under the Equal Protection clause of the U.S. Constitution.

If you have been injured on the job site, or at your workplace, because of someone’s negligence or lack of safe working conditions, you may have the right to compensation, even if your employer hired you illegally. If you are injured at work, in an auto accident, or even because of a faulty product, please don’t stay at home suffering. Seek medical attention and call our office. We will be happy to take your call.

When you have been injured through no fault of your own, you have the right to request payment from the responsible party. This payment may include economic damages such as payment of medical bills and lost wages, non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering that are harder to calculate in a financial sense, and punitive damages that involve future planning.

What Is the Timeline for My Personal Injury Claim?

Keep in mind that, in Texas, most personal injury cases have a two-year statute of limitations. This means you need to file your suit no later than two years after the accident. We want to protect your rights and meeting these deadlines is crucial to that. If it has been less than two years since you sustained your injury, you may still be able to file a claim.

How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim as an Undocumented Immigrant?

The first step to filing a claim is to consult with a personal injury attorney who is supportive and sensitive to the issues related to undocumented immigrants. Reaching out to a local attorney, like GreeningLaw, P.C., is a great way to help decipher the ins and out of the Texas Court system with confidence and ease. The timeline and statute of limitations in Texas, as stated above, is a crucial part of this, so first, ensure you are filing your claim within two years of the accident.

We Help Injured Undocumented Immigrants

As a principal attorney and founder at GreeningLaw, P.C., Robert Greening and his team are ready to help you file a personal injury claim as an undocumented immigrant. We are the voice you need to help you get the help you deserve. We will work with you on a contingency basis—this means that you will not have to pay for our services unless, and until, you receive a settlement or judgment in your case. We fight the legal battle, so you have time for healing and renewal.

Let us be your legal representative. Call us at GreeningLaw, P.C. at 972-934-8900 or email us today to schedule your free consultation. We are located in Dallas and are here to help you!

Request a Case Evaluation