TIPS for Safely Driving on Ice Roads
There is a chance of icy conditions coming to North Texas in the days ahead. At GreeningLaw, P.C. we see an increase in the number of injury cases during this time due to negligent driving on the icy roads. The American Automobile Association provides the following tips to drivers for safe and non-negligent driving on icy roadways:
- Avoid driving while you’re fatigued. Getting the proper amount of rest before taking on winter weather tasks reduces driving risks.
- Never warm up a vehicle in an enclosed area, such as a garage.
- Make certain your tires are properly inflated.
- Never mix radial tires with other tire types.
- Keep your gas tank at least half full to avoid gas line freeze-up.
- If possible, avoid using your parking brake in cold, rainy and snowy weather.
- Do not use cruise control when driving on any slippery surface (wet, ice, sand).
- Always look and steer where you want to go.
- Use your seat belt every time you get into your vehicle.
For further safety information, visit AAA.
It is best to avoid getting behind the wheel all together during icy conditions. If you must get behind the wheel, these tips will you avoid causing an accident. Unfortunately, you can’t control how others drive – and if you are injured due to the negligence of another driver, GreeningLaw, P.C. stands ready to help you and your family with the proper legal representation.
209 Henry Street
Dallas, Texas 75226
(972) 934-1119 telefax
Board Certified – Personal Injury Trial Law
AV – Rated – Martindale Hubble
Voted Texas SuperLawyer – 2005, 2006, 2012, 2013
“Like” Us On Facebook